• April 16, 2017 at 9:13 am #14142
    Gerald
    Participant

I want to add and take away some programs that appear in the Edit In function, but I don’t see how to do that. I thought it might be in preferences, but that seems only to handle Photoshop CC and one other selected program. How can I do this?

April 16, 2017 at 10:28 am #14147
    Matt K
    Keymaster

Hi Gerald – try this:
    Go into your LR Preferences and under the External Editing tab.
    1) First, choose the Preset you want to delete from the dropdown list
    2) Click the dropdown again and choose “Delete Preset”

April 16, 2017 at 6:29 pm #14149
    Gerald
    Participant

Hi, Matt:

Thanks for this, and I did de-populate many programs I didn’t want on the list. However, I am still at a loss as to how to add a program to the list. I tried to Choose a program but that didn’t seem to work. (Nor do I know how the list got populated in the first place)!

April 16, 2017 at 7:38 pm #14150
    Gerald
    Participant

I think I now see that there is a difference between, say, Topaz Impression, a Preset, and Aurora, an Application. It seems I can only choose two Applications and I have Aurora as an Application in the second slot, and CC in the first slot. All the others are Presets. Is this correct? If so, it doesn’t compare well with some other RAW conversion software, notably CaptureOne, which allows any program to be selected. This effectively means I must go in to the Preferences each time I want to choose a third Application other than the two in the slots chosen. Correct?

It is what it is!

Thanks.

April 18, 2017 at 9:17 pm #14174
    Matt K
    Keymaster

Yes, that is correct in how you can add presets. Many of the mainstream plug-ins will auto install “edit in” options in the menu. Only thing I’m not sure of what you’re saying is the number of presets. I just added 4 of them, each time clicking “Save Settings as New Presets” from the list in the LR preferences and it gave me 4 of them in the menu – so I could save as many as I wanted.

April 19, 2017 at 7:03 am #14179
    Gerald
    Participant

Thanks again. I see where I was getting hung up with terminology. Coming to LR from another program where all the apps/presets were automatically populated didn’t help either, because LR wants a more manual approach to this. I am all set now!

April 19, 2017 at 11:27 am #14185
    Matt K
    Keymaster

Great!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here