• March 31, 2017 at 2:41 pm #14050
    BrightonBob
    Participant

Do you recommend allowing outside services to color correct your printed photos or have them print uncorrected. I have calibrated my monitors with x-rite i1-DisplayPro. I’ve do all my work in Lightroom CC, with occasional work in Photoshop, but I’m not comfortable in PS, right now. Hopefully, after I finish your “The Photoshop System” course, that will change.

April 2, 2017 at 4:34 pm #14069
    Matt K
    Keymaster

Hi. I’d say that you’re doing things right. Biggest test would be, have you had any problems printing? If you’re happy with the results, then I wouldn’t mess with what you already have. Good luck!

May 8, 2017 at 9:23 am #14601
    Susan
    Participant

I’ve just worked with Bay Photo on a large order for my first show! and I recommend them highly. But I confess that I ordered the sizing of the prints based on the available standard sizing available on the printing site. ie. If the crop and size of the photo fit into a 16×20 with no additional cropping needed, I used that size. Probably I’m not doing this correctly?

Now I’ve had some orders for reprints in different sizes. Should I resize in LR or in PS before reordering?
    Using very large Tiffs. , transfered photos through ROES, prophoto color space.

thanks Matt (SusanHirschbiel.com Maine to Mexico)

May 9, 2017 at 3:46 pm #14637
    Matt K
    Keymaster

Hi Susan. you should resize in whatever program your photos are in. If you’re already in LR then do it there. But it sounds like you did it correctly. You’ll often have to crop your photo to get it to fit the common print lab print sizes.

May 10, 2017 at 11:18 am #14652
    john hales
    Participant

After reviewing your printing sections in both Lr and Ps courses, my question is; Do I really need to calibrate my monitor if I am going to send things out to a lab and they offer colour correction?

May 10, 2017 at 7:54 pm #14659
    BrightonBob
    Participant

Susan, this link does not directly address your question, but I think you may be able to use this technique to solve your issue. https://digital-photography-school.com/crop-pixel-size-photoshop-phil-steele/. I hope it helps.

May 18, 2017 at 7:31 pm #14858
    Matt K
    Keymaster

Hi John – tough question to answer. Calibration ensures that what you are seeing on your screen as red, is indeed red. If you print A LOT then I would do it. If you just print once in a while, every few months, I’m not sure I’d spend a lot of time on it.
    Only problem with color correction is that if you’ve applied a filter to your photos and maybe warmed them, color correction could counteract that.
    Thx.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here