• April 21, 2017 at 9:45 am #14245
    David
    Participant

I tried to find in 1st office hrs ? But did not…….How do you up size an image for print when resolution is lower then what is recommended? is re-sample the same? Do you just let the lab take care of resize? or a program like on one? I know it can be done, but how? example to 30 inches by 40 inches .PS might say only enough resolution for 20×24? Or perhaps billboard size? But keep some kind of quality. How was this done say 6 -8 years ago before digital files in camera were much smaller ? Thanks Matt

April 22, 2017 at 2:57 pm #14274
    Matt K
    Keymaster

Hi David – The easiest thing to do is go in to Image Size and enter the pixel dimensions that you need. In my experience, Photoshop is as good (or better) than anything else out there for upsizing. You don’t get much control and there’s not many things you can do when upsizing an image, so don’t overthink too much of it. The quality is great from my experience. I’ve increased 100 or even 200% before and had great results. Also depends on what you’re printing on. Canvas images and be made huge because they’re so forgiving in print.
    Hope that helps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here