In this free Photoshop and Lightroom tutorial, follow along with me as I show you how to edit this fun family portrait from start to finish.
I’ve also included step-by-step instructions to make it easier for you to follow along with this Lightroom tutorial.
- Open the Raw file in Lightroom and go to the Develop module
- In the Basic panel adjust Exposure to 1.05, Contrast to 9, Whites to 13 and Blacks to -10
- Grab the Brush tool and adjust Clarity to 38.
- Paint over the hair and clothing to bring out details.
- Zoom into the face and in the Detail panel adjust the Amount to 84, Radius to 1, Detail to 51, and Masking to 22.
- Grab the Spot Removal Brush and paint over the area of the boys face that has a scrape.
- In the Lens Correction panel, click on the Profile tab and turn on Enable Profile Corrections.
- Click on the Radial filter and set the Temp to 36 and Exposure to .91.
- Draw a Radial in the upper right of the photo and check Invert Mask.
- Adjust the Dehaze slider to -7.
- Open the color picker and select a color swatch to add some warmth.
- Click on the New tab and draw another radial over the faces of the subjects.
- Adjust Exposure to – .74.
- Grab the Brush tool and select Teeth Whitening from the Preset drop-down.
- Zoom into the teeth and paint over them, adjust Saturation to -31.
- Portion of the Photoshop Tutorial
- Add a new blank layer.
- Grab the Spot Healing Brush tool (J).
- Turn on Sample all Layers
- Paint over any spots you want to remove.
- Go to the File Menu and select Save.
- Go back to Lightroom
- Press Ctrl-J (Mac: Command-J) to duplicate the layer.
- Go to the Image Menu and select Adjustment>Color Lookup.
- In the Color Lookup dialog experiment with the different files available, click ok when you find one you like and adjust the Opacity as needed.
Or In ON1 Effects
- Click on Presets and in the Hipster section (the Faded and Matte section is another of my favorites).
- Experiment with the different Presets.
- Adjust the Opacity as needed.
Finishing it up
- Back in Photoshop, adjust the Opacity and go to the File menu and select Save.
- This send you back to Lightroom.
- Grab the Brush tool and change the Exposure to .25 and the Saturation to -13, paint over the man’s face.
Click Here to download the RAW file to follow along with this Photoshop and Lightroom tutorial.