Workshop Update (Jan. 4th)
Hey everyone. We had an overwhelming and fast response to the Costa Rica workshop and it sold out within the first few hours. We have added another workshop immediately following the first. The dates are June 10th-16th (see itinerary below). This second workshop is full as well. If you’d like to get on a wait list just click here to send us a message. Thanks!
Come experience Costa Rica With me!
I’m super excited to announce that we’re doing another Photography Workshop in Costa Rica in June 2018. Our last workshop was incredible. Some of the attendees actually said it was “life changing” and everyone came away with awesome shots and could not stop raving about the Crocodile Bay resort. I don’t think people realized just how good the resort staff would be, and that it is indeed all inclusive with AMAZING food and service throughout the trip. If you’ve ever been on a workshop before, I promise you it’s nothing like this. As for photography, we hit the jackpot!!! We saw all 4 types of monkeys from the area, Sloths, Frogs, an Anteater and too many species of birds to name. The macro opportunities were spectacular as well. It truly is a special place, and ideal for a photography workshops.
I hope to see you there!
– Matt Kloskowski
PS: This is a very small workshop group of only 12 people. That way, everyone gets very individual attention and plenty of room to shoot and learn. Because of that, reservations are limited and this will sell out quickly.
Wanna Monkey Around?
Tuesday, June 5th (or Sunday June 10th for 2nd workshop)
- Arrive in San Jose, Costa Rica
- A shuttle will meet you at the airport and transport you to the Double Tree where you will spend the night.
Wednesday June 6th (June 11th)
- Breakfast at the Double Tree
- A shuttle will pick you up at the hotel and take you to the airport
- You will take a flight from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez
- Shuttle will pick you up from Puerto Jimenez airport and take you to Crocodile Bay.
- Photography 101 in the Rainforest and Photo walk around the grounds.
- We want you to be prepped for the days to come.
- Group dinner and introductions.
- Classroom time –Get to know your gear and what settings to use for different shoots
Thursday, June 7th (June 12th)
- Morning – Sunrise photo shoot along the docks of Crocodile Bay. We’ll also have some time to review camera settings, and make sure you’re warmed up and set up to take some great wildlife photos later that day.
- Breakfast at the Resort
- Head out to photograph monkeys, birds and other wildlife.
- Post-Processing instruction back at the resort conference room
- Group Dinner
Friday, June 8th (June 13th)
- Breakfast at the Resort
- Morning – Head out to photograph monkeys, birds and other wildlife.
- Afternoon – Possible river boat wildlife cruise. Depending on weather and previous shoots, we’ll be also look at more wildlife opportunities.
- Post-Processing – Instruction back at the resort conference room.
- Group Dinner
Saturday, June 9th (June 14th)
- Optional early walk around the grounds to shoot. We may have been up late the previous evening shooting stars so we’ll plan this as we get closer.
- Breakfast at the resort.
- Late Morning – Again, head out to photograph monkeys, birds and other wildlife.
- Sunset at a new beach and hopefully catch some surfers too.
- Group Dinner
- Tentative: Night shoot for frogs and other critters 🙂
Sunday, June 10th (June 15th)
- Ok workshop is officially over, but your trip would not be complete without at least 1 day to play. Take a fishing charter, get a spa treatment, or just relax.
Monday, June 11th (June 16th)
- Departure ( you’re not going to want to leave) 🙁
- Shuttle to Puerto Jimenez airport Flight from Puerto Jimenez to San Jose
What’s Included in the Workshop Fee?
The photography workshop includes the following:
1) Photography Workshop, Location Fees, and Guides
2) Transfer Package
- Shuttle from San Jose airport to Double Tree
- 1 night at Double Tree in San Jose
- Shuttle from Double Tree to San Jose Airport
- Roundtrip Airfare from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez
- Shuttle from Puerto Jimenez Airport to Crocodile Bay Resort
3) All Inclusive 5 nights at Crocodile Bay Resort
- All Meals at Crocodile Bay and wine (mmmm) at dinner (packed lunch if on outing)
- Gratuities (does not include gratuities for spa or your June 5th excursions)
What is not included?
- Airfare from your home town to/from San Jose
- Excess/Overweight Baggage Fees
- Airline Change Fees
- Alcoholic Beverages (other than wine included with dinner)
- Spa or Activities on June 5th
Gear and Physical Ability
Gear is covered in the video above. You an scroll to around the 9-minute point in the video to hear about what I suggest.
This workshop does not require a lot of physical ability to hike and climb. I actually talk about it in the video up top at around the 2-minute mark. You’ll see a photo of people shooting along the side of the road and that’s will show you what most of the terrain is like. Of course, you can wander off the path and hike around if you’d like, but it’s not required.
This includes everything mentioned above in the “What’s Included” section.
Cost (early bird): $5,275 per workshop attendee (before January 31st, 2018).
After February 1st, 2018: $5775
*** Additional non-workshop companion: $999 (this is for spouse, friend, or family member to share a room with you. It includes everything mentioned above except the photo workshop, tours, location fees, and guides)
Not only will I be there to help guide you along the way (and steal your photos when they’re better than mine ;), but we have a special treat for you. I wouldn’t even consider doing this workshop without the guide that we had when I was there. His name is Dennis and he’s an incredible photographer. He knows this area like the back of his hand. He worked tirelessly to not only get us to the right spots, but also to help give us some knowledge of the area along the way. He constantly hunts around and finds the right spots. There were times where I would have bet $1,000 we were nowhere near wildlife and he pulls over and points up in the tree to a group of monkeys that were barely moving, yet he still saw them. In short… Dennis is a rare find and we’re lucky to have him along with us.
© 2017 Matt Kloskowski
Adobe Lightroom is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
This product is not authorized, endorsed, or sponsored by Adobe Systems Inc, publisher of Lightroom.