Matt KloskowskiTampa, FL
Hi, I’m Matt! I’m a Photoshop, Lightroom (and whatever other software you wanna use) Guy that helps people navigate the crazy waters of photography and photo editing
Hey… I’m Matt… And… I AM NOT A PHOTOGRAPHER. Well, at least not a working pro, and I never have been. I’m just a guy that likes to shoot, edit – and likes even more to help others do the same.
I’m a Tampa Bay based photography educator who’s day to day job is running this website, and creating free videos, courses and presets to help you with photography and photo editing.
I’ve lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1991 and will probably never move (I love the beach!). I have a beautiful wife of 23 years and two sons (21 and 19) who I’m extremely proud of.
Next… I’m kind of opening up here about my past a bit. So here goes… For years, being in the photography industry (but not necessarily being a full-time working pro), I really tried to establish myself as a photographer because, well, it seemed like that was the “cool” thing to do.
But I knew people really came to me for my education. And interestingly enough, that’s what I love to do the most…above anything… to teach, educate and help people make great photos.
So I decided to own that role, and be very intentional about it. My goal is to bring you the best photo editing tutorials, as well as to help you get better at capturing great photos as well.
Back in 2016, I decided to take owning that role even further and went out on my own here at MattK.com, to help people learn photo editing and photography.
I have ZERO ego attached to my photography and everything attached to my teaching and education. Because of that, I hold nothing back. No secrets, no insider tips that I keep to myself.
In fact, the absolute best thing that I could ever see / hear is that some one who took my course (or watched my videos) and takes great photos – and hopefully becomes better than I ever was. That means I’ve succeeded in my job as an educator, and well… stories like that just make me really happy 🙂
Follow Me Online
Over 8.5 Million Views!
Matt’s YouTube channel has been featured on numerous websites and his videos have gotten over 8.5 Million (yes, Million) views over the years. Collectively, people have watched 38 Million minutes worth of his videos. Now, 37 million of that was from Matt’s mom, but who’s counting? 😉
Talk to you like you're sitting right next to me
The biggest thing I try to do with my education is to make it approachable and easy to listen to. I try to talk to everyone and give advice as if you were my friend, sitting right there next to me.
While many pros do come to me for training, my main audience is kinda like me – people that simply love photography. People who want easy-to-follow training on how to capture better photos, and how to make those photos look better with Lightroom and Photoshop to add my “style”.
Most people I talk to aren’t making a ton of money (or any for that matter) from photography or post-processing. They just really enjoy it and want to get better. And heck… if they can sell a few prints, or shoot a few events to make some extra cash to support photography… even better!
Awards and Things I’m Proud Of
- I was inducted to the Photoshop Hall of Fame in 2014, and one of only 33 others in the world (click here for more)
- I’m honored to be included among some amazing photographers in Sony’s Worldwide Ambassador program as a Sony Artisan of Imagery
- I’ve authored or co-authored about 20 print books (between revisions and new titles). Several of them are industry best-sellers. Considering, that when I was 30, I made it my goal in life to write at least one book, I’m pretty darn proud that I’ve had the opportunity to write so much.
- My Photoshop Compositing Secrets book was awarded Amazon Editors Top Books of the year in the Arts & Photography category.
Random Facts About Me
- I can remember the lyrics to every 80’s song, but I usually have no idea where I put my car keys every day.
- I love watches! (sorry, time pieces if you’re being snobby) 😉
- I earned my 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo at the age of 42 and took 2nd place in the USA for my age group.