Hey there… I’m Matt.
I’m a Photography mentor/coach that specializes in Outdoor/Landscape/Nature photography and editing with Photoshop, Lightroom and ON1 apps. I’m also very honored to be included as a Sony Artisan of Imagery, and author of over 15 books on post-processing (Lightroom & Photoshop) and photography. I call myself a Landscape and outdoor photographer, because landscapes seems kinda limiting. I like to shoot, teach about, and post-process just about everything that has to do with the outdoors and traveling.
I live in the Tampa, FL area with my stunning wife Diana, and my two teenage sons, Ryan and Justin. (that’s us below)
What I’m all about?
Okay, I’m kind of opening up here about my past a bit. So here goes… For years, being in the photography industry (but not necessarily being a full-time working pro), I really tried to establish myself as a photographer because, well, it seemed like that was the cool thing to do. But I knew people really came to me for my education. And interestingly enough, that’s what I love to do the most…above anything… to teach and educate.
So years ago I decided to own that role, and be very intentional about it. My goal is to bring you the best photo editing workflow, as well as to help you get better at capturing great outdoor/nature/landscape/people photos.
Recently in 2016, I’ve decided to take owning that role even further. As of July 1, 2016, I’m officially on my own. With the help of my wife, we’ve founded Matt Kloskowski Photography and Training. Hopefully the name says it all ?
Who is my audience?
While many pros do come to me for training, my main audience is kinda like me – people that simply love photography. People who want easy-to-follow training on how to capture better photos, and how to make those photos look better with Lightroom and Photoshop and ON1 apps to add my “style”.
Most people I talk to aren’t making a ton of money (or any for that matter) from photography or post-processing. They just really enjoy it and want to get better. And if they can sell a few prints, or shoot a few events to make some extra cash to support photography, then great.
Where can you find me?
You can find me doing a few things right now.
Right here on this website. I realize I have a bunch of training scattered all over the internet. But from now on, my training will be here.
I teach a few workshops and events throughout the year. You can check them out right here.
I also do a lot of work with ON1 still. You can find me on the ON1 Plus member website. (click here to find out more about ON1 Plus)
Here’s stuff I’m proud of.
Here’s a few things over the years that I’m really proud of.
- I was inducted to the Photoshop Hall of Fame in 2014, and one of only 33 others in the world (click here for more)
- In early 2016, I launched a personal coaching/mentoring and community platform for ON1 called ON1 Plus. I’m still one of the “coaches” for the community and will be one of the guest coaches in February, April, August and November of 2017.
- I’m honored to be included among some amazing photographers as a Sony Artisan of Imagery
- I’ve authored or co-authored about 20 print books (between revisions and new titles). Several of them are industry best-sellers. Considering, that when I was 30, I made it my goal in life to write at least one book, I’m pretty darn proud that I’ve had the opportunity to write so much.
- This one was pretty big for me. Back in 2011, my Photoshop Compositing Secrets book was awarded Amazon Editors Top Books of 2011 in the Arts & Photography category. Considering that book goes down as the hardest I’ve ever written, it was really cool to see it get recognized
Say Hi! Get in touch.
I put my contact form out there for everyone. I’ve always felt that being accessible is one of the most important things to me, and I want to try to help as many of you as I can.
If you’d like to get in touch about speaking somewhere, then just click here.
Otherwise, click here to get to my contact page and I’ll get back to you (yes, with a real email address) as soon as possible.