If you’re a subscriber to Adobe’s Creative Cloud then you probably already know that one of the benefits is that you get frequent updates. Rather than waiting 6, 12 or even 18 months to update the software (like companies used to do), when Adobe has features ready, they release them as a “dot” update.
So if you’re ever looking to find out what’s new in Lightroom then this page is your one-stop shop. Not only can you see the most recent update, but you can also scroll down and find past updates because you never know what you may have missed.
What’s New in Lightroom 8 (October 15th, 2018)
Lightroom 8 was released on October 15th, 2018 and we now have a new version number (even though it’s officially still called Lightroom Classic CC). Some of the new features are:
- New Range Masking with the Depth Option
- Single Step HDR / Panorama Merge
- New Process version with improved handling of noise
- Improved tethering for some canon cameras
- Improved Dehaze slider
What’s New in Lightroom 7.5?
Lightroom 7.5 was released on August 21st, 2018. The largest updates in this version are in the Book module and some updates to how Presets are managed and listed.
- Custom cell sizes in the Book module
- New Book types
- New paper type
- Better page number visibility
- Ability to import ZIP files containing presets
- Presets are grouped in to Clusters now (little line between them)
- HEIC file support on Windows
What’s New in Lightroom 7.4?
Lightroom 7.4 was released on June 20th, 2018
What’s New in Lightroom 7.3?
Lightroom 7.3 was released on April 3rd, 2018. This was probably one of the major updates that we’ve seen and it brought a totally new and modern workflow with the new Profiles.
What’s New in Lightroom 7.2?
Lightroom 7.2 was released on February 13th, 2018
What’s New in Lightroom 7.1?
Lightroom 7.1 was released in October, 2017