what’s the big deal?
3 reasons Why LUTs are becoming so popular
This video will help…
How are LUTs / Profiles different from regular Presets?
- Preset Slider changes override any previous adjustments you’ve made. For example if you move the Shadows slider to +50 because the photo is too dark, and then apply a preset that has Shadows = 0, the photo will now have the Shadow slider at 0, not 50.
- Presets are application specific. That means if you buy them for one application, you can’t use them in another.
LUTs / Profiles…
- Profiles can include LUTs or various settings and controls that ON1, Lightroom, and Photoshop don’t have.
- Profiles have an Amount (like Opacity) slider for fine-tuning the results.
- They can be applied on top of existing edits and they won’t change them.
- Since the sliders aren’t overridden by a LUT / Profile, you can modify your photo any way you’d like, and then apply the profile on top of the image.
- LUT files can be used in any program that works with the LUT file format (ON1, Luminar, Photoshop, etc…).
How are LUTs different from presets?
5 Benefits of luts and profiles
- This is probably my favorite… Gone are the days where I had to create 3 different versions of my presets (light, medium, strong) so that you can have more control over the effect. With the profiles/LUTs, there’s an Opacity slider so you can dial it to the exact strength you want.
- They let you get looks and style that you can’t just get within the regular sliders and controls. For example, we can now get the look of a Overlay Blend Mode or the Gradient Map Adjustment Layer from Photoshop, right inside of Lightroom / ACR.
- Buy them once, and use them in any program that supports LUTs.
- They make it very simple to seperate your technical edits from your creative edits and styling.
- They’re easy to find and have a “favorite” feature so you don’t have to go searching around for your favorite ones.
Get 60% Off My Custom Luts / profiles Bundle
The 4 Seasons
Portrait and Wedding
Black and White
The Entire BundleGet All 4 Packs for 60% Off
- Includes the 4 Seasons Pack (20 profiles)
- Includes the Landscape Pack (25 profiles)
- Includes the Wedding and Portrait Pack (25 profiles)
- Includes the Black and White Pack (20 profiles)
- Works in ON1, Luminar, Lightroom, Photoshop, Perfectly Clear and Affinity Photo
- Includes videos on installing and using them
- Includes a Visual PDF Reference for all Profiles
Or… purchase individual packages below
4 Seasons Pack
Wedding / Portrait
Black & White
download free luts / profiles
Frequently asked questions
Still have questions relating to LUTs or Profiles? Feel free to contact me below.
WHAT IF I ALREADY PURCHASED YOUR LIGHTROOM PROFILES... DO I GET THE LUTS TOO?
ARE LUTS THE SAME THING AS PROFILES?
WHAT PROGRAM DO THESE WORK FOR?
The LUTs / Profiles will work in ON1, Luminar, Lightroom, Photoshop, Adobe Camera Raw (most recent version of all required), Perfectly Clear and Affinity Photo.