If you’re an ON1 user then you’ll want to download the latest update to ON1 Photo Raw 2018. In each version, ON1 releases updates throughout the year where they add features. But the “dot 5” releases are usually the largest, and 2018.5 is no exception.
Also, if you haven’t tried it out yet, you can grab a free 30-day trial right here. Next… I did a video below that recaps the updates, but here’s a quick overview of what’s new:
1. LUT Support – ON1 now supports LUT files in the .cube format just like Photoshop and several other programs that include LUT support. So if you already have LUT files you can use them here.
2. Camera Profile support – ON1 now supports camera profiles that are similar to the profiles you’d get in your camera if you shoot in JPG.
3. Nested albums – now you can nest an album within an album.
4. Better preset organization – presets are easier to organize and support nested folders too.
5. Faster filmstrip navigating – if you like to use the filmstrip to navigate your photos, it’s a lot faster (especially in Develop)
6. Background export – exporting no longer locks the application but now runs in the background so you can continue to work.
7. Transform panel enhancements – the transform panel includes some new enhancements if you need to do any lens correction work.
8. Raw + JPG support – now ON1 can treat your Raw + JPG combinations as if they were one file so youwon’t see both of them as you’re organizing or editing.
9. Overall performance boost – and of course what software update would be complete without a speed boost 🙂 And…. if that wasn’t enough…
10. They used my photo as the splash screen! Woo hoo! 🙂